We are currently looking to appoint a new Senior Forensic Associate (Forensic Accountant) to join our firm.
- Must have forensic accounting experience
- Coordinate and maintain records for firm and firm’s clients.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, equity, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, cash flows, and other statements.
- Performs forensic research to trace funds and identify assets and sources of funds.
- Conducts forensic analysis of financial data.
- Read, interpret, and summarize depositions, complaints, and other court-related pleadings.
- Prepares forensic accounting reports from financial findings.
- Prepares analytical data for litigation, business valuations, and forensic audits.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements and adhering to professional standards.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Create and modify templates for letters, faxes, and firm literature.
- Update, maintain, and enforce office policies and procedures.
- Perform online research for firm and clients.
- Supervise, train, and direct staff inclusive of monitoring budgets on client engagements.
- Providing regular feedback and direction to staff ensuring workpapers are consistently formatted and appropriately named and organized.
- Liaise with clients and vendors.
- Provide support to other staff and affiliates.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 4+ years of experience in general accounting.
- A proactive approach to tasks with the ability to anticipate project needs and plan ahead for the needs of the client.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with QuickBooks Online.
- CPA licensure (completed or at least in progress).
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Data Analytics, or other business-oriented discipline.
- CFE, ABV, CFF, or CMA credential.