Neumeister & Associates, LLP is a full-service accounting firm that offers professional accounting and consulting services to a broad client base. Clients, both individuals and business, operate in industries such as insurance, manufacturing, real estate, retail, oil and gas, entertainment, pharmaceuticals, technology, construction, health care, distribution, and financial services. The company specializes in forensic accounting, which includes commercial damage calculations, fraud investigations, family law matters, business valuations, and litigation support. The company also provides extensive traditional services including tax services, bookkeeping, and general accounting engagements.
We are looking for a Tax Manager/Director that is excited to help grow the company and influence the team around them. This is a great opportunity if you are looking for the next step in your career, enjoy being part of a collaborative team, and do work that makes a difference. Some traits that we are looking for are: Respectful to others, Bravery to approach new ideas and collaborative with clients and teammates.
- Files federal, state, and local tax documents by preparing property tax returns, state pages, and federal, state, and municipal returns, extensions, and quarterly payments.
- Prepares tax provision schedules by reviewing, preparing, and consolidating provision schedules.
- Recommends tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
- Maintains legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws.
- Reviews tax returns (1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, and 1120S) for completeness and accuracy.
- Maintains compliance with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities.
- Revises procedures by developing and streamlining procedures and worksheets for the calculation of tax provisions.
- Identifies profitability of potential mergers and acquisitions by analyzing tax information; calculating key ratios; identifying areas of tax savings.
- Coordinate and maintain records for firm and firm’s clients.
- Prepares and records book-to-tax adjusting entries.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements and adhering to professional standards.
- Protects the organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Create and modify templates for letters, faxes, and firm literature.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Plan for and develop overall return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs with the tax team.
- Supervise, train, and direct staff inclusive of monitoring budgets on client engagements.
- Providing regular feedback and direction to staff ensuring workpapers are consistently formatted and appropriately named and organized.
- Liaise with clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 7+ years of experience in tax.
- CPA licensure (completed).
- Intermediate or above knowledge in working with CCH Axcess for tax preparation.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A proactive approach to tasks with the ability to anticipate project needs and plan ahead for the needs of the client.
- Strong skills and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience with QuickBooks Online.
- Experience with BigTime software.
- Master’s Degree in Tax, Accounting, or Finance
Benefits at our firm:
- 401k with company match
- 11 Paid holidays
- Vacation & Sick time off
- Growth opportunities